Pages

Saturday, August 20, 2011

Blueberry Buttermilk Syrup - from Life's Recipes blog

I don't remember how I ended up there but I stumbled upon this blog called Life's Recipes.  (Click here to head over to Jocelyn's blog.)  And the post for the day was this recipe for Blueberry Buttermilk Syrup.  The photo of this navy blue syrup over the pancakes had me at hello.  And since I've gone a little crazy picking blueberries twice this year, I decided to make it for my pancake dinner.

WOW!  If you like buttery sweetness, this is the syrup for you!  One stick of butter and a cup of sugar are the dominating flavors in this concoction.  And I am simply in LOVE with the navy blue color.  Maybe next time I'll add more blueberries or add blueberries to the pancakes (I left most of my pancakes plain and had just a few with chocolate chips), to boost the blueberry flavor.  I'm not sure I'll love the dark blue color when I'm doing the twins' laundry but only time will tell.  Though the girls did gobble up the pancakes and syrup with great enthusiasm, which is always a good thing since two year olds tend to be finicky eaters.  Or at least mine are.

So then we got to thinking what else would this syrup taste good on.  Ice-cream came to mind for my husband...And of course I thought of cake.  Can't you just see it?  A pretty little bundt cake with navy blue icing drizzled over the top and sides.  If my oven ever gets fixed maybe that's what I'll make next.  Until then, we're eating off the grill and stovetop.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment