Pages

Monday, December 5, 2011

Angry Birds Cake

I'm a little out of touch.  Behind the times.  Out of fashion.



Until just recently I didn't know anything about Angry Birds.  OK, I knew it was a smartphone game, but I'm not into that sort of thing.  So I had never seen it.  Then the cake request came.



Thank GOD for the internet.  I was on it constantly searching images for "angry birds".

I wanted the birds (and pigs) to be really tasty, so instead of making them out of fondant, I made Oreo Bon Bons!  Oreo cookies crushed and mixed with cream cheese.  Man I love those things!


I covered them with melted candy wafers, so they are not as perfectly smooth as I would have liked.  But I ate the extras and they were fabulous.  And as always, what really matters, is that the birthday girl was happy with the cake.



I think she was pleased.  What do you think?

1 comment: