This time, I had homemade vanilla ice-cream and blueberry freezer jam ready as toppings. And it didn't take much convincing to get my hubby and girls to go along with it.
I guess we all have sweet teeth.
Four Grain Pancakes or Waffles
Adapted from Pillsbury Complete Cookbook
3/4 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup cornmeal
1/3 cup quick-cooking rolled oats
2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
1 2/3 cup buttermilk (1.75 T. lemon juice + milk to make 1 2/3 cup)
1/4 cup butter, melted
2 T. sugar
2 eggs, beaten
- In large bowl, combine all dry ingredients.
- In a small bowl, combine the buttermilk and eggs
- Add to dry ingredients with the melted butter and stir to combine.
- For Pancakes; pour about a 1/4 cup of batter on a hot griddle or skillet. Cook for 2-3 minutes or until the edges look cooked and the surface is covered by breaking bubbles. Turn and cook the other side an additional 2 minutes.
- For Waffles; cook according to manufacturer's instructions.
Top with your favorite toppings. Maple syrup, apple sauce, ice-cream or freezer jam.