Pages

Saturday, February 18, 2012

Twins Third Birthday Cake a Safari

If you've ever met or seen my girls you know just how different they are for twins.



Twin A:  Straight, blond hair and dark brown eyes.
Twin B: Curly brown hair and cool blue eyes.

Their personalities are equally unique.

So when I was modeling the lions for the top of their cake I changed the Mane style...First of all because I wasn't satisfied with my first attempt.  But then I decided to keep them different because I thought it was a better representation of how unique each girl really is.



I felt the straight mane was just too flat.  Like a bad hair day.  So taking my lead from the pictured lion on the plate I made the second one with spikes.

I like the spike, and Paul likes the straight.  Leave a comment and tell me your preference.


I drew my inspiration for this cake and the look of the animals from the party plates the first photo.  This is my first time modeling these animals and I'm fairly pleased with how they turned out.  Also I made the letter for "Happy Birthday" using candy melts in molds I have that are originally intended for gum paste. So I was pleased how those turned out as well...Since I can not neatly writing with frosting to save.my.life!

Here are a bunch more photos.


My giraffe munching leaves.

The idea here is that the zebra is emerging from the jungle...Even though zebra don't really live in the jungle.

My little purple monkey.



The cake is chocolate almond filled with dark chocolate pudding and covered with a vanilla swiss meringue buttercream.  I will be serving it with french vanilla ice-cream.  I can't wait to eat it.

No comments:

Post a Comment