Pages

Thursday, March 15, 2012

Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies

Or as Nestle's calls them Choc-oat-late chip cookies.  These are really good.



Think oatmeal raisin cookies but replace the raisins (eww) with Chocolate chips (Yum!).  Raisins are OK. I'm just not a huge fan.  I like them paired with salty foods best, like peanuts.  Not cookies.  Actually, most of the time if I find a recipe that includes raisins but otherwise looks good, I'll substitute chocolate chips for the raisins and I'm happy.



But here I didn't have to substitute.  No Raisins, just chips.  Great!  But they forgot to add cinnamon so I diverged from the original recipe by 1/2 tsp of cinnamon.  And I think it's perfect!  Try the recipe and tell me if you agree.

Choc-oat-late Chip Cookies
From: Nestle's Best-ever Cookies

1 3/4 c all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/4 c packed light brown sugar
2 sticks butter, softened
1/2 c granulated sugar
2 eggs
2 T milk
2 tsp vanilla
2 1/2 c quick or old-fashioned oats
2 c chocolate chips (I used 1/2 semi-sweet and 1/2 dark chocolate chips - cause that's how I roll)
1/2 tsp cinnamon (I added this)

COMBINE flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt in a small bowl.
BEAT brown sugar, butter and granulated sugar in large mixer bowl until creamy.
BEAT in eggs, milk and vanilla.
GRADUALLY beat in flour mixture.  Stir in oats and chocolate chips.
DROP by rounded tablespoon onto ungreased baking sheets.
BAKE in preheated 375 degree oven for 9-10 minutes for chewy cookies or 12-13 minutes for crisp cookies.  Let stand for 1 minute; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
Makes about 4 dozen..


YUM.  Don't you just want to take a bite of your screen?  Well, don't.  That would hurt your teeth I think.  Make the cookies instead.  Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment