Pages

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Pretty Little Carrot Cake

I saw this beautiful wedding cake by Jess Hill Cakes in a magazine called Wedding Cakes a Design Source (a publication out of the UK).  The cake is pure white and the tops of each tier are covered in small hydrangea flowers in shades of blue.  It's simple, yet elegant and oh soo pretty.



I don't often do pretty cakes, as maybe you've noticed.  Which means I need to practice whenever I get the chance!  Which is exactly what this cake is.  Practice.

The best part of all?  I get to eat it and share it with my immediate family.  And for no particular reason at all.  Which makes it more special.

Birthday cake is expected, but cake for no reason is special.  Like unexpected flowers.  Those are the best!



And come to think of it.  This is cake for no reason with flowers!!  How great!  And yummy too.  Carrot cake strong with cinnamon and nuts, covered and filled with cream cheese frosting.  Carrot is my favorite closely rivaled by pumpkin spice cake or double chocolate zucchini cake.  All of which are covered in cream cheese frosting.  Maybe it's not the cake but the frosting.  Maybe my favorite cake is any cake covered in cream cheese frosting.

No comments:

Post a Comment