Pages

Saturday, April 14, 2012

Red Velvet Ice-cream cake

OK, I know it's been a while...But the whole mixer walking off the counter incident really threw me off my game.



That and I discovered Pinterest and can't seem to do anything but search for outdoor decorating and gardening ideas.  Is someone ready for summer already or what?!

So here's how it all played out.  My mixer took a walk off my counter and beat the hell out of some bread dough.  Well, surprisingly the only thing that got messed up was that the mixer became out of adjustment.  And by that I mean that when it was latched, the beater would rub on the bottom of the bowl.  Not good, the coating on the beater seemed to be rubbing off).  I figured it out as I was mixing up this cake for a friend of mine.  Needless to say, I held up the nose of the mixer to finish the cake and told me friend his cake would have to wait.  (He's still waiting and maybe I'll get to it this wkend.  Sorry Rich.)

Luckily for me, my husband is handy and I'm terribly clever (not really), but between the two of us we were able to readjust it so there's no more rubbing.  Things aren't 100% back to normal but it runs and what more could you ask for when something like this happens?



So here I am with this cake unfit to feed to a friend, but I'll risk my own family's lives on it (beater coating may or may not be mixed into the batter).  While I was waiting for Paul to adjust it I made ice-cream...And that's when the idea for ice-cream cake came to me.  See I told you I was clever!

Once the mixer was adjusted I tried it out by making a stabilized whipped cream icing to coat this cake.  I thought we were expecting company (my parents) so I quickly frosted it and said forget it to the decorations.  I know!  And then my parents cancelled their visit.  No big deal, they literally live around the corner from me.



And as you can see I am still battling with the perfect finish to my frosted cakes.


Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment