Pages

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Ricotta Cookies

Now I've said this a number of times.  I like eating cookies but I really don't  like baking cookies.  I can't tell when I should take them out of the oven.  But, thess are some of my favorite cookies and I always feel as though they are a spring cookie.  As if cookies have a season.



So here it is Spring, and I've had a container of ricotta cheese in the fridge for a while, but not past the expiration date.  So it's about time I made the silly things already.

They are SOOO moist and soft.  They're normally puffier, if that's even a word.  So obviously I did something wrong.  I guess it's because I didn't follow the directions.  Yeah, maybe that had something to do with it.

You take a bite into these and even though they're flat as pancakes, they're moist and cakey.  Which makes me want to try to turn them into cake.  Which is something I've never done.  I don't develop recipes.  That will be interesting.  But the flavor and texture of these cookies is really something special.  So of course, it seems only natural that I would want to muck it up.

Anyway...  Here's the recipe.

Ricotta Cookies
From:  Unknown

15oz container Ricotta Cheese
2 sticks butter softened
2 cups sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
2 tsp vanilla
4 cups flour

Mix together cheese, butter, eggs and sugar.  Add baking soda, salt and vanilla.  Add flour one cup at a time, stirring with spoon.  Drop by teaspoonfuls onto baking sheets covered in parchment paper.  Bake at 350 degrees F for 12-14 minutes or until lightly browned.  Ice with favorite thin buttercream.  Store in the refrigerator.




Enjoy!  Thanks for stopping in.

No comments:

Post a Comment