Pages

Thursday, July 7, 2011

Homemade pizza: the perfect pie

Since buying the Artisan bread in 5 minutes a day cookbook, I have made several pizzas using the rosemary olive oil bread dough...But it's always misshapen and definitely NOT round... Until now.
This my friends is my perfect pizza.  And the secret was using parchment paper.  It kept it in place and some how allowed me to shape it as close to round as I've ever gotten it.

I am NOT an adventure diner, so my pizzas are pretty plain.  They usually included diced onions, a couple kinds of cheese (Mozzeralla, parm, sometimes cheddar, etc.) pepperoni, tomato sauce (I just use our pasta sauce - I can't be bothered to get special pizza sauce)...And I like to add various spices.  Sometimes I put spices in olive oil and drizzle that around.  Other times I just give the dough a good dusting of garlic powder and italian spice.

Obviously this is the before photo.  Before baking and eating.

And this is the after photo.  

It was good.  Though I need to figure out how to make a crispier crust.  I'm baking it on a pre-heated pizza stone.  Maybe it's the parchment.  But boy I LOVE using parchment.  No sticking to the pizza peel, rolls out round, not much clean up.  I'm not sure I'll ever do it any other way now.

If anyone is reading this, please write me a comment with hints and tips or general feedback.

No comments:

Post a Comment