Pages

Sunday, July 10, 2011

Carmel Pecan sticky buns: Using broiche dough

OMG!  These are SOOO Good.

Back to the Artisan Bread in 5 Minutes a Day cookbook for another use of broiche dough.  When I made the father's day coffee cake, I had to freeze some extra dough.  Flipping through the book I found this recipe and knew my dough was destined to become sticky buns.


The recipe consists of the carmel topping which includes softened butter, brown sugar and a little salt all creamed together.  Spread that on the bottom of your 9" round baking pan and sprinkle a few pecan halves on top.

Then for the bun filling is more softened butter, cinnamon, nutmeg, and white sugar.  It also called for chopped and toasted pecans - that was today's forgotten ingredient.  Maybe I should change the name of this blog to "Clutz in the Kitchen"...Since I can't seem to complete a recipe with full success.
Anyway, roll out the broiche dough in a rectangle shape about 1/8" thick.  Spread the the filling on the rolled out dough and then roll it all up jellyroll style starting at the long end.

Now I did all these steps the night before.  I rolled the filled dough up in some plastic wrap and stuck it in the fridge and went to bed. The next morning, I unwrapped the dough, cut it into 8 slices and arranged them in the dish I prepared the night before.  The consequence of this is that the rolls flatten out over night and they don't look pretty in the pan prior to baking.
But don't worry...They rise and expand in the heat of the oven and bake up nicely.  Take them out of the oven after the allotted time or when they're golden brown and the carmel topping is bubbling up around the edges.

While the buns are still HOT, run a knife around the edge and turn them out onto a serving plate.  Doesn't that look fantastic?  Lord knows I LOVE this book.


No comments:

Post a Comment