Pages

Monday, July 11, 2011

Bassinet cake

We went over to a friend's house for a 4th of July get together.  The hostess is very pregnant with their first child.  So I thought I'd bring a small baby themed cake.

 This is supposed to be a bassinet.  I haven't worked with fondant in a while, because I think it tastes so badly.  Well, really for me the problem isn't so much the taste as it is the texture.  It's a little like chewing gum and I'm not used to that texture being associated with cake.

Anyway, this is a butter pound cake filled with vanilla buttercream frosting and then covered in marshmallow fondant(MMF).  This is the first time I've made MMF so it was interesting.  The green fondant is Wilton's rolled fondant tinted green and I pressed a pattern into it in an attempt to make it look like a quilt.  I tinted the remaining buttercream yellow and added some stripes and lace for more detail and to distract viewer so they wouldn't notice my mistakes.  Did it work?

No comments:

Post a Comment