Pages

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Spinach and Pine nut Pesto

spinach, pine nuts, lemon zest ready for processing

Alright, I know that pesto is not what you'd call sweet, but it's OH so good.  Especially when the spinach is coming from our garden.  The basil pesto is a little too strong for me to eat straight on pasta, so when I tried this spinach and pine nut pesto, from Everyday Italian by Giada de Laurentiis, it was perfect.  (I like this book by the way and would recommend it.  Click on the pesto link to see the recipe on the food network site.)


I think one reason that I like this recipe is that it's lemony...and lemon flavored food seems cool and refreshing.  So on these hot days you don't feel like eating hot food and this refreshing dish is just right.  It's also good with pieces of cooked chicken mixed in with the pasta.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment