Pages

Friday, September 9, 2011

Lemon Zucchini Cake drizzled with Blueberry Buttermilk syrup


So about two weeks ago I tried this Blueberry buttermilk syrup recipe I found and thought it might be nice on a pound cake.  (go to blueberry buttermilk syrup post)  Well, I had some left over and had just frozen a lemon zucchini cake - one family can only eat some much zucchini in all its fabulous forms.  So I froze the extra syrup thinking that I would drizzle it over the cake when it was time to eat it.







We were invited to dinner at a friends house, so out came the zucchini cake and syrup.  The syrup was a good addition.  After being in the freezer the cake had dried a little and needed some extra moisture.  And the navy blue syrup was a beautiful contrast to the cake.  I poked some holes in the top of the cake with a toothpick, hoping the syrup would penetrate the surface.  It did soak in a bit, but not to the extent I was hoping.  I guess I'll have to make bigger holes next time.  I suppose I should add this one to my cakebook.

Yes, I have hopes of creating a cakebook some day.  Not that I'll ever publish it, but at least I'll have something to show the kids if they ever ask me for a recipe.  And as I experiment, I'll have a place to write down what I did and whether it worked.

Until then, enjoy the last bit of summer and stash away your zucchini cakes until it's cold and you need the reminder of summer.


No comments:

Post a Comment