It's brown silk in my mouth.
I'm in love.
Even though it was my anniversary, I just want to be with this chocolatey bowl of heaven. Sorry honey, you've been replaced. I've found another. My new lover doesn't mind that I'm going to gain an extra 50 pounds.
If you don't currently own an ice-cream maker I would highly recommend you run right out and buy one, just so you can make this chocolate ice-cream. It's just that good.
French Chocolate Ice-cream
From the Deni Ice-cream maker instruction manual
3 egg yolks
1 cup milk (I used whole milk)
1 cup granulated sugar
1/3 cup cocoa powder (I used Hershey's Special Dark Cocoa)
1 1/2 T. mint extract (which I omitted)
2 cups cream
1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Beat milk and egg yolks together.
- Blend in sugar.
- In a saucepan, cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until thick enough to coat the spoon.
- Remove from heat and gently sift cocoa and add mint (if you're into that sort of thing) into the egg mixture.
- Cool, then add cream and vanilla.
- Mix well and refrigerate overnight.
- Follow standard freezing instructions for your ice-cream maker.
What a great way to start the day. Who says ice-cream is just for dessert?!