Pages

Sunday, January 8, 2012

Lightning McQueen Cake

Pixar Cars...I love this movie.  I watched it again with my girls, who will be three in February, and enjoyed it as much as if it were my first time watching it.


I have to say, my favorite character is Mator.

This is by FAR the best scene in the entire movie!  In my opinion.


But this blog isn't about movies...It's about cakes and stuff.  So why am I talking about the Cars movie characters?

Because this was my wkend project.  Lightning McQueen.



I had originally planned to sculpt the car out of cake...But, as it turns out, my yellow cake recipe is a bit smaller than I was expecting.  So out came the cereal treats recipe and away I went modeling the car from hot sticky cereal treats.



Is there an unwritten step in the directions for making cereal treats that you MUST dump and spill crsipy rice cereal ALL.OVER.THE.KITCHEN?!  Because I do!  And then I find myself crunching around the kitchen for the rest of the day.  Because those little buggers hide when you get the broom out.

I took a few "project in the making" pictures this time and thought I might give you a look at things as they were coming together.












I had a lot of fun making this one (I say that about all the cakes - usually).  Even MORE fun researching it.  YouTube, Google Images, watching the movie a few times even though the girls get bored and leave part way through.

I'm real proud of this one and I hope you're in the mood to see this cake from all angles, cause I won't disappoint.


As you can see, I used a photo from Take5aDay.com as my model.  I was so focused on recreating the photo that I didn't even think about putting Justin's age instead of Lightning's number 95.  Next time!  Leave me a comment and let me know what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment