Pages

Thursday, January 19, 2012

Another Triple Chocolate Cake

Yes that's right.  Another one.




This time the combination includes, Chocolate almond cake (from the Confetti Cakes Cookbook) filled with chocolate pudding, and chocolate swiss meringue buttercream.  It was SUPPOSED to be a tasty way to practice some piping techniques that I don't use much anymore.  But instead...





It was just a frustrating lesson in yet another way I can go wrong with this buttercream.

I'm not exactly sure where I went wrong, which makes learning from this experience difficult.  But if I had to take a guess, I'd say that I didn't whip it enough in the beginning and it wasn't stiff / cool enough when I added the melted chocolate.  It tasted fine but it didn't act right.  Almost like it was separating a bit.  So the piping wasn't happening.  Really unfortunate.

But the good news is that cake usually tastes good no matter how ugly it is.  And the proof is in the photos of my twins chowing down on cake.





And here are some more photos of them eating mommy's cake, because I think these kids are beautiful.





Yes, they REALLY are twins!

No comments:

Post a Comment